Design Styles: A run down
Bauhaus Industrial interior design is a marriage of functionality, minimalism, and avant-garde aesthetics that emerged from the Bauhaus School, a renowned German design institution founded in the early 20th century. This design style embraces the principles of form following function, emphasizing the practical use of space and materials without sacrificing creativity.
Characteristics of Bauhaus Industrial
- Clean lines, geometric shapes & a preference for simple, utilitarian objects
- Industrial materials such as steel, glass, and concrete
- Showcases raw textures and structural integrity
- Favouring an open plan layout
- Visually striking, highly functional and innovative in its approach to space & material