Stone Care Guide
We only use the finest grades of stone in our furniture. Natural stone is an investment that with the right care will last decades. Following this simple care guide will ensure you many years of enjoyment. We choose our stones very carefully staying away from thinner and softer “fossil limestones” so you can worry less about the longevity of your heirloom piece.
- Wipe up spills immediately with a clean cloth
- Always use a drink coaster
- Avoid alkaline or acidic liquids
- Apply protective pads to the undersides of items being displayed on the stone surfaces to avoid scratching
It is important to use a stone/marble cleanser to clean your piece. If you don’t have one, choose a cleanser that is: non-acidic, non-abrasive with a neutral Ph.
There are many brands that will work. We have tested and recommend the following:
- Glitz 750ml Stone and Benchtop Cleaner - This is a great everyday affordable spray cleanser that removes oils, grime etc
- AQUA MIX Aquashield cleaner & resealer
Only use a neutral PH cleanser as above, never use abrasive or acidic cleansers. Avoid alkaline or acidic liquids (Citrus, Coffee, Vinegars).
Should you encounter spills, ensure it is blotted immediately, followed by a cleanse.
While natural stones are ok with high heat, it is always best to avoid sudden hot/cold changes such as hot pans being placed directly on stone.
Fleur Studios stone products all come with an initial sealer application. We use AQUA MIX Sealers choice Gold - Rapid cure which is a water-based, low-VOC sealer that lasts up to 15 years. With regular use, the sealer can be reapplied.
Tile Care Guide
Our tiles and grout are robust materials so minimal care is required but we do recommend you follow the below steps:
- Regularly wipe tiles and grout clean with a damp or light soapy sponge.
- Remove any spills/stains by wet sponge immediately. Lighter colours grouts are especially susceptible to staining if the spill is left on the surface for a long period of time. Always use a drink coaster.
We seal the grout with a water-based sealer to help prevent staining and to also make the grout surface easier to clean.
Use of furniture
Tiled furniture is made for interior use only. Following traditional tiling methods, every piece is made from strong, durable and versatile materials that are made to last.
Variations in product
As each peice is made by hand, there will be slight variations in the lines of grout. This is a natural result of tiling and is a feature of the product.