Design Styles: A run down
Art Deco interior design is a distinctive and opulent style that emerged in the early 20th century, particularly during the 1920s and 1930s. Characterized by its bold geometric shapes, rich materials, and lavish embellishments, Art Deco design exudes a sense of luxury, modernity, and glamour.
Elements of Art Deco
- Bold geometric patterns
- Luxurious materials like marble, brass & sense of opulence
- Bright, deep yellows, reds, greens, blues, and pinks.
- Stylised motifs inspired by Ancient or non-western art.
- Ornamental light fixtures such as chandeliers or sconces
- Large, streamlined furnishings lacking frills or intricate detailing like armoires & big chairs.
- Shark skin, zebra skin, velvets and leathers